We have an indulgent gift for you to give yourself this holiday season – and you can do it starting today.
It will help ease tension and potentially help your whole body feel better. All it takes is a few minutes and a lacrosse ball.
It’s giving yourself a foot massage and it’s surprisingly simple!
Let’s face it, your feet do a LOT of work for you over the course of a day and we take them for granted. As a result, many of us carry tension in our feet without even realizing it.
Foot issues (even issues you’re not aware of) can cause a chain reaction of muscle tension that radiates up through your entire body.
How to give your feet a lacrosse ball massage:
You’ll want to do this either barefoot or wearing a pair of lightweight, non-skid socks so the ball doesn’t scoot away from you mid-massage.
- Stand next to a wall or sturdy chair you can hold on to for stability.
- Place the ball under the arch of your foot. If possible, your heel should stay on the floor.
- Let your bodyweight sink into the ball for about a minute. Note: if you are very tight or have sensitive feet, this can be a challenge! Take your time and try to let your body relax into it. This will get easier with time!
- Slowly roll your foot from side to side, so the ball crosses your arch, for 1-2 minutes. Take note of any sensitive spots and give them a little extra attention.
- Do the same by rolling the length of your foot, from your toes to your heel, for 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat on the other foot.
Experiment with what feels best for your feet. Once you get used to the feel of the ball under your feet, you can try using an inexpensive massage ball with little rubber nubs to help boost the massage factor a little.
Speaking of which … a massage ball is a great stocking stuffer for any yoga or fitness lover on your holiday gift list!
Give your feet a little love today!
If you’re ready to take the next step in your own fitness & wellness routine, we’re here for you! We’re kicking off our 28-Day Challenge on January 6, 2020.