As we head toward the New Year, it can be helpful to take a few minutes to think about everything you have accomplished this year.
- How did you do with your 2019 goals?
- Did you make progress? Or did you set them aside for other goals?
- Are you setting the same goals again for 2020?
If you journal, write all of this down because it can help you reflect more intentionally.
- What were the biggest things you learned this year?
- Did you find that some things work better for you than others?
Even if that finish line eluded you this year, remember: there are no failures, only lessons. You either win … or you learn! So … how are you going to use those lessons to help set your 2020 goals?
“A goal without a plan is just a wish”
Remember that your plan is your road map. You wouldn’t head out on a trip without a map or GPS, right?
The same thing goes for your goals. That’s why reflection is so important...because sometimes you can see how a few small course corrections can help get you to your destination more efficiently and with a lot less stress.
Here are a few reflection questions:
- What are you grateful for from 2019?
- What are you MOST proud of?
- What went well, what didn’t?
- What are you biggest lessons from 2019?
Once you reflect, it’s time to set some new goals for 2020!
Ask yourself, what you REALLY want for your life over the next year.
There’s a pretty smart man named Dan Sullivan. He has a great question, called the “Dan Sullivan Question” that I modified a little for you: It’s December 31, 2020. You get out of bed in the morning, you stretch and do your morning ritual. You feel AMAZING. You’re looking back over the past 12 months. What has to have happened in your life, both personally and professionally, for you to feel happy with your progress?
REALLY SPEND SOME TIME figuring out what that means to you.
If you do this and give it the time it deserves, you can have a truly game-changing year.
Pick your top 3 goals for 2020, and then ask yourself these questions:
- Why is this so important?
- What do I need to do DIFFERENTLY next year in order to achieve this goal?
- Who do I need to BECOME in order to reach this goal?
- What new habits / disciplines / behaviors do I need to start?
- What poor habits I need to STOP?
- What weekly action steps do I need to maintain in order to make my goals happen?
How does that sound? Do you feel like if you took the time to reflect and set your intentions and goals for 2020, that you’d have an impactful year?
We think you would.
This is one small piece of what we do here at enduraLAB.
We’ll help you get crystal clear on your goals and help you create that road map to get there.
If you’re ready to make 2020 a truly life-changing year….
Let’s make it an INCREDIBLE 2020!