Welcome back to Fall in Love with Cooking! We are so excited to share our first recipe of the new year.
With a new year comes a lot of resolutions. Whether it is health, fitness, diet, mind, or anything else, the LAB is here to help! One of the most popular resolutions is to eat better. But what does “better” mean? For some, it means less fast food and for others it means protein and veggies only. A simple way to improve your diet is by incorporating more protein; plant or animal based.
This week, we are sharing our vegetarian take on burger patties. These spinach and white bean patties with a dill yogurt sauce are full of plant protein and fiber. Plus, if you’re trying to eat less meat, this is a perfect substitute for a beef patty.
You can eat these multiple ways, but we love it just as is- patty and sauce in a bowl. You can also add a hamburger bun to make it a true burger.
Sound delicious? Check out the details below:
For the Patties:
15 oz. canned cannelini beans drained and rinsed
10 oz. chopped frozen spinach thawed, with as much liquid squeezed out as possible
1/2 yellow onion very finely diced or grated
2 cloves garlic minced on a microplane zester
3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs divided
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus more if needed
For the Sauce:
1 cup Greek Yogurt
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
kosher salt to taste
black pepper to taste
- Put 1/2 cup of the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Place the drained and rinsed cannelini beans in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork, leaving some intact.
- Add remaining ingredients, including the rest of the breadcrumbs, for the patties to the bowl and mix together well, using plenty of salt and pepper.
- Form 12 patties, each using just under 1/4 cup of the white bean mixture.
- Coat the patties in the remaining breadcrumbs. After forming each of them, I just pressed each side into the breadcrumbs and set them on a baking sheet until I was done.
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat and line a large plate with paper towels.
- Add the patties in batches and cook for about 2 1/2 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy and cooked all the way through. Place on the paper towel lined plate.
- Meanwhile, mix together all ingredients for the yogurt sauce and set aside.
- Serve patties immediately with yogurt sauce
Ready for the nutrition facts?
2 patties (169c) + 2 tbsp of sauce (102c)
Let us know how you like it! Happy Cooking!
<img src="https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5c7808b44d546e2b486d908e/1609860745724-V0UOTVFK895EVPKON3WN/IMG_6333.JPG" alt="IMG_6333.JPG" />
<img src="https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5c7808b44d546e2b486d908e/1609860731786-3P8RHI68JWCUFWEUDHSA/IMG_6316.JPG" alt="IMG_6316.JPG" />
<img src="https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5c7808b44d546e2b486d908e/1609860761306-A3GRMVLR0M137BYH2LOS/IMG_6317.JPG" alt="IMG_6317.JPG" />
<img src="https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5c7808b44d546e2b486d908e/1609860749230-ECDGHJDTNODFIYFFVWMQ/IMG_6319.JPG" alt="IMG_6319.JPG" />
<img src="https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5c7808b44d546e2b486d908e/1609860763154-T650P2WRD2HMKL4QN7TZ/IMG_6318.JPG" alt="IMG_6318.JPG" />
<img src="https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5c7808b44d546e2b486d908e/1609860727501-VJEPNGXWSMPG36N4GDYO/IMG_6326.JPG" alt="IMG_6326.JPG" />
<img src="https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5c7808b44d546e2b486d908e/1609860739731-VMF8X1VU7HL81UTTQD6E/IMG_6331.JPG" alt="IMG_6331.JPG" />