This is restaurant quality right here! Yes, it takes a little extra time, but it’s worth it!! The best part is that you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry, freezer and fridge. I always have the following ingredients on hand! This recipe will leave you with some leftover rice that you can top with this amazing brochette shrimp or other proteins like rotisserie chicken, ground beef, carnitas, etc. Happy cooking!
Brochette Shrimp Ingredients:
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder or taco seasoning
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
6 slices of bacon, cut in half crosswise
1 jalapeno, seeded and cut into thin strips
2 tbsp greek yogurt
large tail-on shrimp
Toothpicks (pre-soaked for about 10 min)
- In a small bowl, combine the smoked paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- Take a piece of shrimp and butterfly the back of it open just wide enough for stuffing. (With a paring knife, slit the top of a shrimp down the middle, cutting almost but not all the way through to expose the vein that runs along the top of the shrimp.)
- Spread a small amount of the yogurt into the crevice. Next, place a slice of jalapeno. Next, close the shrimp so that it is no longer opened, then sprinkle some of the spice mixture over the top of the stuffed shrimp. Wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Cook the Shrimp in the air fryer, oven or grill.
I used my air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees for about 5 minutes. Place the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer and air fry until the bacon is crisp and the shrimp is cooked through, about 20 min.
2 tbs of butter
White rice, jasmine or long-grain; fresh or leftover
1 tbs paprika
1 tbs onion powder
1 tbs cumin
1 can of black beans
1 bag of frozen corn
Fresh squeezed lime juice
Salt and pepper
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat and melt 2 tbs of butter over medium heat.
- Add corn and black beans. Season with paprika, onion powder and cumin
- Stir in cooked white rice.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the rice and stir.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
<img src="https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5c7808b44d546e2b486d908e/1631541677058-RPJUDCJUP9AYO3ZCE4YO/IMG_1090.JPG" alt="IMG_1090.JPG" />
<img src="https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5c7808b44d546e2b486d908e/1631541741000-VTUSIK90FMQ154K6ONZV/IMG_1088.jpg" alt="IMG_1088.jpg" />
<img src="https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5c7808b44d546e2b486d908e/1631541695871-2QJJHH9V9D3VPQ7HROWI/IMG_1089.JPG" alt="IMG_1089.JPG" />
BY ISIS HARGRAVE
Book a Personal Training Session or Nutrition Consultation with Coach Isis here.