Cooking what you love to eat does not have to be hard! We love simple, quick meals inspired by our restaurant favorites, but we love them even more when they’re full of better-for-you ingredients. Everyone knows that Chinese take out is a simple solution to feeling tired and uninspired in the kitchen. We have an even better option!
This chicken fried rice recipe is so easy that even Coach Lee can whip it up after a long day of coaching ;) If he can do it, anyone can!
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Peas & Carrots; frozen
- 1 Small, White Onion (or powder)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (or powder)
- 4 Eggs
- 3 tablespoons of Grassfed Butter
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- Prepare rice following package instructions to yield 1 cup cooked rice.
- Cook & chop chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.
- Chop onion. Mince garlic cloves.
- Heat butter oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and saute until tender (onions will be closer to clear).
- Add rice, chicken and soy sauce to the skillet.
- Mix in frozen peas and carrots.
- Crack eggs into skillet and scramble.
- Mix VERY well.
Just like that, you have a homemade version of a great take out dish without all the not-so-healthy extras packed with nutrients and flavor. Happy Cooking!
<img src="https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5c7808b44d546e2b486d908e/1628174230281-B6FKVCG0K664YRPOBDCJ/IMG_0149.JPG" alt="IMG_0149.JPG" />