We’re guessing that 2020 didn’t go as planned...and that may be the understatement of all time. But guess what, every person on the planet has had their life shaken by the COVID-19 pandemic in some way. Those hardships and challenges have helped us evaluate our lives and focus on what’s truly important.
As we head toward 2021, take a few minutes to think about everything you endured this year. Celebrate your tenacity and get pumped about what you can achieve. Just like the Chumbawunga song, we get knocked down, but we get up again. You’re never gonna keep us down!
- Did you hit the goals you aspired for? Or did you set them aside for other goals?
- Are you setting the same goals again for 2021?
Now, grab a pen and paper to jot down new goals and visions. Writing all of this down will help you reflect more intentionally.
- List your major accomplishments of this year.
- What were the biggest things you learned this year?
- Did you find that some things work better for you than others?
Even if that finish line eluded you this year, remember: there are no failures, only lessons. You either win… or you learn! So… how are you going to use those lessons to help set your 2021 goals?
“A goal without a plan is just a wish”
Remember that your plan is your road map. You wouldn’t head out on a trip without a map or GPS, right?
The same thing goes for your goals. That’s why reflection is so important...because sometimes you can see how a few small course corrections can help get you to your destination more efficiently and with a lot less stress.
Here are a few reflection questions:
- What are you grateful for from 2020?
- What are you MOST proud of?
- What are your biggest lessons from 2020?
Once you reflect, it’s time to set some new goals for 2021!
Ask yourself, what you REALLY want for your life over the next year.
There’s a pretty smart man named Dan Sullivan. He has a great question, called the “Dan Sullivan Question” that I modified a little for you: It’s December 31, 2021. You get out of bed in the morning, you stretch and do your morning ritual. You feel AMAZING. You’re looking back over the past 12 months. What has to have happened in your life, both personally and professionally, for you to feel happy with your progress?
REALLY SPEND SOME TIME figuring out what that means to you.
If you do this and give it the time it deserves, you can have a truly game-changing year.
Pick your top 3 goals for 2021, and then ask yourself these questions:
- Why is this so important?
- What do I need to do DIFFERENTLY next year in order to achieve this goal?
- Who do I need to BECOME in order to reach this goal?
- What new habits / disciplines / behaviors do I need to start?
- What poor habits do I need to STOP?
- What weekly action steps do I need to maintain in order to make my goals happen?
How does that sound? Do you feel like if you took the time to reflect and set your intentions and goals for 2021, that you’d have an impactful year?
We think you would.
This is one small piece of what we do here at enduraLAB.
We’ll help you get crystal clear on your goals and help you create that road map to get there.
If you’re ready to make 2021 a truly life-changing year, let’s do it! If you want to schedule a goal session with a coach, reach out to Isis. We are here to help you every step of the way!
Let’s make it an INCREDIBLE 2021!